The Tributes are Announced

As Harper Hayes reached in the bowl my heart was thumping and stopped as soon as the name was pulled out. Harper read “Jewels Lucky” she read, my whole world stopped and silent. I looked over at my sister and starting crying. I am not one to cry I always feel the need to stay strong for my sister. I know she isn’t crying just to show how strong she was but I knew she was upset. As the guards pulled me toward the stage all eyes were on me. I stood on the stage in fear kn0owing my life could be over in a couple days. I stare at my sister who looks very mad and upset. My mom is crying waterfalls and all I can think about is how 23 people are after me. Duncan Riley’s name was called and he walked up to the stage. Our hands were raised like we were champions.

As the crowd roared tears were falling from my eyes and I couldn’t stop them. I wondered why were people cheering did they not know that we are now being hunted. Duncan stood in shock that his name was picked, I felt bad for the kid. I had a family to take care of. I knew at that moment I had to survive. My sister needed me more than anything I would be the one actually take care of her. My whole life has stopped and I don’t know what to do. I have a job to do and it will get done.

2 Comments on The Tributes are Announced

1. 4isabelleb
    May 15, 2014 at 5:46 pm (10 years ago)

The writing could have been more descriptive. I enjoyed your comparison to crying and waterfalls. Overall, it was a good job, it just could have been more detailed, like describing what you saw, and heard a little more.

Reply
  2. 4rachelw
    May 16, 2014 at 5:12 pm (10 years ago)

Overall I thought that your piece was very well written. However, “I am not one to cry I always feel the need to stay strong for my sister” was two thoughts that I personally think should be one thought.
    Other than that pretty good!
    Well Done!

Reply