Tribute Token

As the guest filter in to visit me my heart is beating like a drum. Once my sister walks in the tension in the room subsides. My sister lit up the room with her big smile when she saw me. She told me that everything was going to be okay. I had to believe her she was my only hope to get me through this. As we are sitting there all of a sudden she takes off her lucky silver necklace. She had worn this necklace her entire life and claimed that it had brought her good luck. She put in my hand and said “Now it is your turn to have luck.” As I look at her bright blue eyes fill up with water all I could say was don’t cry i will be fine. But will I, I have 23 people after me, and I don’t know if i am going to live until next week! My sister told me that every time I feel the need to give up I will always have that necklace to give me the push to go home, alive.

The way my sister looked me is a look I will never forget it is like the look your pet gives you when you leave. As the door creep open my mother walked in and saw the necklace in my hand and starting to blubber. As the three of us cried and hugged it sank in that I was going to but in the hunger games and leave my family not knowing if I was going to be back or not. My sister is one if the strongest girls I know and now she has to grow up early and help take care of things at home that an eight year old shouldn’t have to. The guards forcibly came in on us and told my mom and sister time was up and they had to leave now. As I sat alone looking at my sister’s necklace I couldn’t help but wish my sister would be here through this whole thing helping and giving me support.

3 Comments on Tribute Token

1. 4isabelleb
    May 19, 2014 at 6:12 pm (10 years ago)

I thought you did a good job of describing the feelings you and your family had. The only improvement I could think of with describing words, is maybe using more adjectives to show not tell the reader about the necklace. You could describe how it shined or how it felt, like smooth or bumpy. Other then that, I really enjoyed this piece!

Reply
  2. 4megan
    May 19, 2014 at 6:12 pm (10 years ago)

All together the writing was very good. There could have been less announcing and a little more description though. What did you see? Where were you waiting? a little more detail would be great but overall very good.

Reply
  3. 4rachelw
    May 19, 2014 at 6:55 pm (10 years ago)

This was brilliant! I loved how much emotion you put into this. Overall very well done. However, ” As I look at her bright blue eyes fill up with water all I could say was don’t cry i will be fine.” The part where she’s speaking should be in quotes.

Reply